Saturday, June 6, 2009

I'm Baaaaack.

Sorry it's been so long since my last post. A full two months. Honestly, being new to blogging I didn't feel I had much worth sharing and when I did finally have something I got busy and didn't have a chance to write.

So, without further ado, here is my attempt to catch up.

April 16-20: My buddies from California came out to play some golf and go to the NASCAR race. We played golf and did a lot of drinking. I mean a lot of drinking. We had a great time and I'm looking forward to them coming out again for next April's race.

May 10: My wife's first Mother's Day. I wanted to do something special for her first Mother's Day, so I invited her parents and my grandparents over for brunch. I made baked blueberry french toast; a fritatta with bacon, onion, mushroom and cheese; citrus salad with orange, grapefruit and mint dressed with Cointreau, champagne and honey; and a homemade pineapple upside down cake. The food was great, if I do say so myself. It was also great to have most of the family together to celebrate.

Memorial Day weekend: The three of us drove to Anaheim and spent the weekend with my parents and my wife's brother and his family. On Saturday we had lunch with Eric, Kari and the kids and on Saturday evening we had dinner and a nice visit with our friends Michelle and Eddie. Sunday morning C went to tea with her friend Melanie and Kari. That afternoon I went over to a friend's house to watch the Angel game. Sunday evening my grandma came over to the house and my mom made her mock lasagna and salad and we all had a nice dinner together to celebrate all the May birthdays. My grandma's was the 7th, my dad's was the 21st and C's was on the 25th. That Monday we drove home and my dad hitched a ride with us.

May 29: My dad and I went to the Diamondbacks game. Our seats were on the second level out even with the left field foul pole. C and I chose those seats because we'd be taking the baby to the games with us and she didn't want to have to worry about foul balls coming our way. Not a bad decision, really. Well guess what? That night I got my first regular season foul ball. Yes I'm 37 years old, but I was still excited. It was especially cool because I was there with my dad. The first thing out of his mouth was "Andy's first foul ball!" My response was "Hell with that! My first foul ball!"

May 31: My dad finished packing up my grandparents for their move to Baltimore. He drove with them and they arrived on June 3. We are disappointed to see them go, but we are very happy that they got to spend some time with Andy. We know they really enjoy him.

I think that about does it. You're all caught up and I promise it won't be nearly as long between posts.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I'm glad you're back in bloggytown. My one question is...what's mock lasagna?