Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Spring has sprung and baseball is in the air!



The wife has been bugging me for a while to blog about my favorite part of Spring, baseball. Living in Arizona is like living in baseball heaven. We have Major League Baseball, Arizona Fall League, Rookie League, Instructional League and, of course, spring training. When all is said and done there is professional baseball in the valley for ten months out of the year.


On Feb. 25 I took Andy to his first baseball game. We went to see the Indians play the Giants in the first game ever at Goodyear Ballpark which is the new spring training home of the Indians. Conveniently enough the ballpark is also about a mile and a half from our house. Not being a big Indians fan, but still trying to be supportive, I wore my t-shirt from the Bob Feller Museum. For those of you unfamiliar with Bob, he is a former Indians pitcher and is currently the oldest living hall of famer at 90 years old. I knew he was going to throw out the first pitch and that there was a chance he'd be signing autographs. Sign he did. Being a fan I got in line and waited my turn. When I got up to him he looked up at me and a big smile came over his face. He was very surprised and very pleased to see someone wearing a shirt from his museum. He even insisted the baby and I have our picture taken with him. He even insisted the baby sit on the table in front of him. As you will be able to see in the picture, he took matters into his own hands when the baby wouldn't look up at the camera. When Bob was done with us I was even asked to do interviews for a local newspaper and Yahoo sports.

Baseball is back and life is good!


Me and Andy with Bob Feller

2 comments:

Heather said...

Sounds great, Bri! I love baseball, even though I don't get to nearly enough games. :) And what great pictures! (This is Heather, by the way) :) So glad you've got your own blog going! Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

That's pretty cool! I'm glad baseball is back too. Only 6 Days, 22 Hours, and 49 Minutes until opening night.

Eric